Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 STARGAZER

Everyone has that first Anime, for me it was Gundam SEED. I watched every episode on Cartoon Network, even with all the laser gun censoring and the crazy scene cutting. Gundam SEED is the reason why I fell in love with anime and is the reason why I'm a huge Gundam Fan boy. I build the models, read the manga side stories, and yell, "Space Colony" and "Seig Zeon!" at the Gundam Experience panel at conventions.

Despite what others might say about the Cosmic Era of Gundam shows, It's still my favorite era. So I owed it to myself to watch Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 STARGAZER. The 45-some odd minutes movie takes place between Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny. Although, It more or likes takes place in the very beginning of SEED Destiny when the Space Colony Junius 7 is dropped on the Earth causing mass destruction. The movie is more of a side story rather than a stand alone movie wedge between the two series like the creators were probably intending to do. The story is mostly about an experimental unit called 'Stargazer' that was built with the intentions of A.I.-driven deep space exploration using some solar sail. But Phantom Pain has other plans.

I don't want to spoil anything else, but overall the movie is defiantly worth watching if you're a fan of Gundam or want to get a more complete sense of the Cosmic Era of Gundam. The only downside of the movie, was the super weak ending battle. Since I watched the movie version of the 3 show series, it would of helped to have watch the series, since not much was explained.

Being a Gundam fan, I most defiantly watch for the Mechs. The Strike Noir, Verde Buster, and the Stargazer were some of the coolest Gundam I've seen in a while. I've already bought a MG 1/100th Strike Noir and I will defiantly be adding a the other two my collecting sometime in the future.

Overall the movie and the show gets a watch, but don't bother buying a Japanese region locked DVD.